Monday, August 18, 2008

Tic Toc Tokyo


I've been meaning to make a post about this band for some time but for some reason or another (which seems to be a fair bit) I never seem to get around to it. Not today though, I think Melbourne's Tic Toc Tokyo needs a good old push in the right direction. What amazes me most about this band is their decision to go for the mix of bongo's and drums and it works out an absolute treat. It adds this whole new sense to their music, makes that lot more easier to dance too and very enjoyable. It's flirtatious in the same way that TV On The Radio are flirtatious. The band's EP has been doing some rounds as of late, and getting a bit of air play here and there but hopefully with an album maybe on the horizon things will really pick up for the band. I'd love to see it happen.

Tic Toc Tokyo Ladies Of Vogue
Tic Toc Tokyo Colour Of Place

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768