Friday, August 15, 2008

'These Roses' by Gin Wigmore



I thought it was about time that I gave in a posted one of my guilty pleasures for the moment. It's a New Zealand (currently located in Sydney) artist by the name of Gin Wigmore, who is only just started to get some real hype behind her. But, just from listening to her music, you know the obvious comparisons that are going to be made against her. "Yet another Amy Winehouse" you can imagine some saying, but as a good friend of mine put it, Gin is "a white Macy Gray". Now there's not to many of those around is there? I'd like to see Gin take off, her music is most definitely something different. Ignore what everyone else says about this girl that's in any way negative. I can see her making a big impression pretty quickly, and These Roses will be the song to spark it.

Gin Wigmore These Roses

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768