Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mercy Arms


So, I was going to post another '5 Songs with' list today (and by god was it a good one) but Mercy Arms just had to come along and let everyone know that their soon to be released debut self-titled album was now streaming on their Myspace. This had me excited, much like a lot of releases this year it would seem. You don't have to guess twice to figure out just how much I love everything this band does; you can go through the archives just for further proof, but I have to say that this album is definitely something else. One thing I immediately love was the non-inclusion of previous EP tracks and instead opting for 10 brand new songs. The album is what most have come to love about the group. It's spontaneous in the right spots, it's atmospheric whilst sticking to a familiar grunge/rock/distorted sound that is absolutely irresistible. Mercy Arms can't put a foot wrong in my eyes and it's with so much pleasure that I offer you all a few select favorites. Album of the year contender? I think so.

Mercy Arms Shine A Light Down
Mercy Arms Down Here, So Long
Mercy Arms Speed

The band will be hitting the road very shortly to promote the absolute hell out of this new record. So if the above tracks grab your fancy and the gigs just so happen to be local to you, I can't see any reason as you why you wouldn't attend. I know I will be.

Aug 28: Lucky Country, Newcastle
Aug 29: Oxford Art Factory, Sydney
Aug 30: Northcote Social Club, Melbourne
Sep 04: Oxford Tavern, Wollongong
Sep 05: Green Room, Canberra
Sep 11: Ed Castle, Adelaide
Sep 12: Bakery Artrage, Perth
Sep 13: Globe Theatre, Brisbane

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768