Monday, May 26, 2008

Lacrosse


One of the bands I forgot to mention about last year was Swedish sextet indie pop band Lacrosse from Stockholm, when I discovered them on Skatterbrain's top 15 albums of 2007. From looking at the album cover art for This New Year Will Be For You And Me, I had to love this album and it gave me a little inspiration for the current design of the layout of Off The Record. I guess this is a relapse on Swedish pop love; the quirky, oh-so-adorable boy/girl vocals, delightful sounds of jangly guitars and catchy shakes and handclaps. Sharing the sounds of native bands such as The Concretes, I'm From Barcelona and Acid House Kings; Lacrosse, along with their animal hand puppets bring as much joy, charm, awe and enchant to keep you mindlessly dancing when nobody's watching. Young but precocious, their debut album This New Year Will Be For You And Me is all things sweet and bliss you can expect from Scandanavia's revisit of the 60's vocal harmonies and surf pop.

Lacrosse No More Lovesongs

Purchase This New Year Will Be For You And Me and watch You Can't Say No Forever

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768