Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Go! Team


I'll admit I was late in getting into The Go! Team. I totally missed them at Big Day Out '06 (arguable one of the best lines up ever). Even when I finally listened to them it took a while for me to get into them. They have an eclectic mix of noisy punk, glockenspiel, 70's funk and old school hip hop.

Their new album Proof Of Youth is a masterpiece. Definitely a contender for Album Of The Year. I originally thought that all the collaborating with the likes of Marina Ribatski of Bonde Do Role and Chuck D of Public Enemy would be a case of too many cooks spoiling the stew. However this is not the case. I'm not even going to bother posting anything from the new album just yet cause I have seen a load of over blogs having to take down the new songs. So here are a couple of snazzy remixes.

The Go! Team - Grip Like a Vice (Black Affair remix)
The Go! Team - Grip Like a Vice ( Night Facilities Disco remix)

Pre-order Proof Of Youth and watch the video for Grip Like A Vice.

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768