Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Winston's Mix


Mix 17 July 2007
Tracklist:
Daft Punk/Cut Copy - Verdis Quo/Future
New Order - Blue Monday
Feist - My Moon My Man (Boys Noize mix)
Simian Mobile Disco - Its The Beat
The Go! Team - Bottle Rocket
(Mix 17 July 2007.rar)

I have been playing around with some DJing software on and off for a few months now. Here is my most recent at best attempt at making a cohesive mix. I re-cut it into individual tracks which can be saved independently or as an .rar.

The first track is essentially a mash up of a Daft Punk instrumental, from Discover, Verdis Quo and Cut Copy's Future. Its not one of those gimmicky mash-ups but just one that makes sense.Blue Monday is a bit self explanatory. I really love Feist's new album and all the subsequent remixes. You wouldn't think that hand claps, an 808 drumbeat and a vocoder would go so well with this disco folk diva but it works. Simian Mobile Disco have recently released Attack Decay Sustain Release which is comparable to Justice's † though in my opinion not as consistent. However, it has its moments and this track is superb. I really feel that The Go! Team are meant for the dancefloor but every time I request them at assorted indie nights they are never played. Their eclectic combination of samples 70's action TV show themes, blaring horns, a double dutch chants and an insane beat from their two drummers.

Purchase Feist new album The Reminder

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768