Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kes Band


As much as I really, really, honest to god don't want to say this, Kes Band is Australia's very own version of Destroyer. I didn't want to say it, but I can't escape it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this. But! This is not a bad thing, in fact it's something quite warm and welcoming. It's excellent to hear an Australian artist taking a bit of a different approach to that of other's at the moment. So, when receiving the band's latest self-titled album I was a little overcome and in a very joyous emotion for I was very familiar with the single 'Owner Has Control' and I guess in some anticipation to hear what else the group had up their sleeves. It's not a disappointment either; although there are only nine tracks featured on the cd, it's the lengthy factor that each song has that makes this release such a happy listen. It's an emotion player, it sort of messes with your mind. It leaves me confused for Ii have no idea how I'm suppose to react to these songs. Their tragic, but there adorable and I know that seems wrong, but this just happens. It really is something worthwhile, just for the enjoyment pleasure alone. I couldn't recommend a local talent more at the moment.

Kes Band Owner Has Control
Kes Band Gentle Elf
Kes Band Don't Wear Too Many Hats

Purchase the self-title release.

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768