Monday, February 18, 2008

Lykke Li



Lykke Li came to me as a recommendation for from a friend of mine last year. Two things struck me at first; 1. Why hadn't I heard of this artist before my friend and 2. Lykke Li packs an amazing voice with the most soulful and balanced tunes created in a long time. There are slight familiarities upon listens (ie. El Perro Del Mar, Taken By Trees, etc.), but it's easily ignorable when stumbling across tracks as 'Little Bit', 'Breaking It Up' and 'This Trumpet In My Head'. Her tracks are as unique as they get, blending the likes of jazz, folk and a sort of Ennio Morricone-esque instrumentation. Put quite simply and plainly, I can see this lady taking off quite fast and making an impressionable effect amongst critics. She made a quick jump on the scene last year with her brilliant song (and video, might I add) for 'Little Bit' and now with her debut album 'Youth Novels' and her next single 'I'm Good, I'm Gone' around the corner, we wont be waiting long for this sudden take over.

Lykke Li I'm Good. I'm Gone
Lykke Li My Love
Lykke Li Little Bit
Lykke Li This Trumpet In My Head

Purchase 'Youth Novels' and watch the video for 'Little Bit'.

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768