Thursday, September 28, 2006

All Tomorrow's Parties

Lately we have seen a fair share of bands with super long names. Along with that we add a band from Austin, Texas. I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness. Often associated with Spoon, their music sets you off in a danceable mood to some electronica rock. This year's album "Fear Is on Our Side" takes a turn for the seriously, achingly bleak and actually reflecting back on their band name with some "dark" tunes. Though the group's output so far suggests a willingness to climb and explore, their recognition of its versatility promises to propel them.

I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness Your Worst If Your Best
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness According To Plan
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness Lights
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness The Owl


Not only has Thurston Moore established himself member of Sonic Youth, a solo artist, managing the record company Ecstatic Peace but now with his own kind of festival. What kind of festival? Nightmare Before Christmas Festival. The festival with an amazing line up with acts such as: Iggy And The Stooges, Sonic Youth, Six Organs Of Admittance, Deerhoof, Wolf Eyes, Dinosaur Jr., Gang Of Four, be your own PET, Blood Stereo, No Neck Blues Band, Comets On Fire, Sun City Girls and many more which you can check out here. It's a three day event from December 8th to December 10th 2006. Unfortunately the festival is only held in London. This is also quite a pricey festival as it includes accommodation at a resort for international guests. Talk about luxury as well as a great festival. Sounds very interesting though.

By: Sandra

Labels:

© Copyright Off The Record
Best viewed in 1024x768